Leave a comment
Rivky’s artwork has been exhibited at New York City and Hamptons shows, including an artist residency in The Hamptons, under The Full Moon Arts Center. She joined forces with her sister to design Fountain Gallery’s December Holiday Shop, where Rivky’s hand-painted, Mandala umbrellas were among the items for sale -and all of them sold. Formerly vice president of the jewelry business Linking Lives, Rivky also explored jewelry art and was instrumental in launching its collection of rare vintage watch fob necklaces. Some of Rivky’s paintings like the controversial piece, “Teffilin Nude”, have been sold to art collectors such as Former President of Macy’s, Sheila and James E. Gray. As well as her Japanese inspired piece,“Haiku Swaying In The Sun”, sold to collector, Heidi Rigney. And,”Woman With A Parasol” bought by collector, Hagberg, at the Sag Harbor Arts event in 2011.
With no training in piano, composing or painting, Rivky’s extraordinary gifts have recently taken her inside the world of melody. After years of solitude inside her artwork she’s decided to stroke her brush on ivory tones. Perhaps aided by Synesthesia, discovering a grand piano to paint near instead. She cleverly breathes out shape, texture in her own intricately playful syncopation, breaking up genre, violating rhythm’s boundaries -on Palette and currently on stage.
When Rivky isn’t singing or painting or writing, she’s cooking. Exquisitely and sometimes rather strange, but yummie concoctions…but cooking. Currently Pistachio Bourbon Butter and a reinvention of the Matzoh Ball “Curriyaki” Dumpling. Yes it’s as good as it sounds.
PHOTOS BELOW ARE FROM PAST AND CURRENT EXHIBITS. (Still In The Process Of Being Updated!)
- GRACE OF JONES, OIL PASTEL. FOUNTAIN GALLERY 2013 *SOLD
- “WINTER” AFTER ALFRED STEIGLITZ PHOTO, OIL PASTEL. “MAD ABOUT ART” BENEFIT 2013 *SOLD
- TEFILLIN NUDE, ACRYLIC. HAGBERG BENEFIT 2012 *SOLD
- MOON’S UNREST, INK AND PASTEL. FOUNTAIN GALLERY 2011
- WHIRLWIND, MIXED MEDIA. HAMPTONS, NY 2012
- WOMAN WITH A PARASOL, AFTER MONET, OIL PASTEL. SAG HARBOR BENEFIT 2011 *SOLD
- PAINTED UMBRELLA COLLECTION, GOLD PAINT MARKER. FOUNTAIN GALLERY HOLIDAY SHOP 2013 *SOLD
- ELEPHANT TREE, OIL PASTEL. EAST MORICHES, NY 2012
- STRINGY THEORY, INK. “CELEBRATION OF LIFE” BENEFIT 2012
- THE OTHER SIDE, CHARCOAL PASTEL. “MAD ABOUT ART” BENEFIT 2013 *SOLD
- BRIDE TOWARD THE LIGHT, PHOTO. FOUNTAIN GALLERY 2013
- TUGGING THE MUSICAL TREE, OIL PASTEL. MAIMONIDES EXHIBIT 2012
- LAST EXHALE, MIXED MEDIA. MAIMONIDES EXHIBIT 2011 *SOLD
- ART INSTALLATION FOR WINTER HOLIDAY SHOP, 2013